We are really pleased that we have been recognized as a leader yet again, and we believe it is due to the strength and uniqueness of our vision for Digital BSS!
Gartner has positioned Ericsson as a leader in its 2017 Integrated Revenue and Customer Management (IRCM) for CSPs Magic Quadrant Report, furthest in Completeness of Vision.
Ericsson Revenue Manager
We launched our vision of the future of Digital BSS with Ericsson Revenue Manager in February 2016. Since then, we have been learning from our customers how this vision is both different and more complete than our competitors. Although it is great to be recognized for our completeness of vision and ability to execute our IRCM solutions by a leading industry analyst firm, most important to us is that customers are excited by it—and are giving us their trust.
Customers such as Entel, Veon, and T-Mobile, are investing in digital transformations powered by Ericsson's BSS vision and are now seeing the first benefits from those deliveries. These major transformation projects represent a lot of work not just for us, but for the way these operators do business to emerge into the digital world. We are very grateful to those early adopters for their willingness to invest their trust in our ability to execute for them.
So, what is our Digital BSS vision?
Ericsson's vision of Digital BSS covers the evolution of the telecom industry, driven not just by changes in user habits (such as digital engagement) but by technology changes (such as automated operations and programmable networks) and business and society changes (such as IoT). Not all these changes will happen at once, but operators will need to make substantial changes to BSS to prepare for success. That is what we call the Digital BSS Vision.
Some components of the Digital BSS vision include:
- Flexibility of systems to capture new revenue streams through adaptive business logic.
- Best-in-class TCO and scalability with a cloud-native architecture.
- Creation of a digital experience platform to provide a game-changing experience for all types of customers, including consumers, enterprises and partners.
- Adoption of cognitive artificial intelligence (AI) to provide automated assistance to customers when and where it is needed.
- Analytics-driven data brokers to provide best tools for the operator, partners and customers themselves.
- Entry into new business areas enabled by new technologies and social changes, either directly by operators or in partnership with companies and governments.
Over the next few weeks, we will be providing more details about our unique Digital BSS vision in further blog articles from Ericsson experts.
Want to learn more? Download a complimentary copy of the Gartner Magic Quadrant report and see where IRCM is headed in 2017: